A place for all things I love...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cruise: Grand Cayman

Our first port of entry & my personal favorite was Grand Cayman. It reminds me a lot of hawaii. First we shopped around town. 
After shopping we got on the bus & headed to a sea turtle sanctuary. Where there were tons & tons of turtles big and small.
Next everyone got off on a stop called "hell". I guess it was some lava rocks, (I didn't get off because I was feeling very tired..)
Next up we headed to a large boat which took us out to swim with the sting rays!
 Sting Rays are pretty crazy. The would come right up to you and slither on your back or legs, especially when you had food. It was windy which kind of stunk because the waves were knocking everyone around, but you were supposed to stay really still so as not to scare the sting rays. It made me pretty nervous because I didn't have time to relax & get comfortable.. So I was FORCED to feed them when I didn't want to cause I was so freaked out when they all started swarming for food. As you can see in the picture below I am on Jer's back most of the time. I'm not usually a wimp, but lack of sleep mixed with the other conditions didn't help.
I will have to post the pictures of Jer & I kissing the sting rays & what not when my Uncle Monte gives us back the cd. I really thought this was such a neat excursion, I just wish we had more time to hang out & get comfortable.
After we got off the boat we headed to the beach to chill until we were getting back on the cruise ship.
My favorite thing about the caribbean is how clear the water is.
Atlas LOVES the beach/water, he is such a little fish.
Such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment