A place for all things I love...

Friday, July 22, 2011

Cute Ballam's

For the longest time I have been wanting to get some pictures of my grandparents & while in Utah last I bribed them into a full blown photo shoot with outfits, props & even assistants! (Thanks Mom & Prez :)) I have to say these may be my favorite pictures I have ever taken. Probably because my subjects are so darn cute!
This awesome chevron quilt they are sitting on was made by my great grandmother! I really hope to inherit it someday, because I love all the colors.
It ended up a pretty hot day so Prez was carrying around the parasol to keep them shaded the best we could.
Here are some close ups. I love how both their eyes really match the blues they are wearing!
We did a small wardrobe change because my mom wanted them to match, even though she changed her mind after a couple shots.

Aren't they the best models??
I had been to this abandoned house almost two years ago & it was seriously fate that my mother was able to find it again.
The wide open space was just beautiful & perfectly cloudy.
My Grandma was a little embarrassed to kiss in front of us but my Grandpa was loving his life :) They were seriously troopers standing out in the hot sun, trekking through abandoned grounds & taking orders from me. It was so fun to spend time with them & get some shots I know they would never get taken, that I will cherish forever. I Love my Grandpa & Grandma Ballam so much. They are such loving & giving people, I hope to follow in their footsteps of being truly amazing people. They are such a sweet couple & just love to be at each other's side, truly best friends.

3 comments:

  1. I think it is so cool that you did this photo shoot! Most people (including myself) would love to have such cute pictures of their grandparents. You really are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Cass...those are amazing. I can't stop looking at them. What a great idea. I'm sure everyone in our family will cherish these and be grateful you did them. I think I may have to bribe you to take some of our family one of these times were are in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a great memory to have - they look so happy together. You've got talent, girl!

    ReplyDelete